1. @ScottBourne (national) Scott Bourne – Great photography related tweets (publisher of photofocus.com).
2. @RoshSillars (national) Rosh Sillars – Lots of journalism tweets, co-author of “Linked Photography.”
3. @BillFrakes (national) Bill Frakes – Dude has shot more than 200 Sports Illustrated covers. Respect.
4. @jeremycowart (national) Jeremy Cowart – Celebrity photographer, founder of two websites including one where photographers give back to community.
5. @monophotography (global) Donald Cameron – Creative director of photography at SlashThree, an online community for photographers.
This photo from The Seattle Times was taken for a recent story about a man that’s living under the 520 bridge. I find it intriguing because the viewer gets a sense of the man’s living conditions, as well as a really interesting view of being underneath the bridge.
Next up, a story from The New York Times about a Baltimore politician that recently died. The photo drew me to the story in the first place. It’s such a great perspective.
A third great news story photo is this shot from Lucas Anderson, a photographer at The Daily, taken for a story about the annual American Indian Student Commission’s powwow. It probably gave us our best front page of last quarter. I love the lighting.
And last is this photo from the Western Washington University student newspaper, The Western Front, involving their student government presidential candidate debate. Yuck, I just can’t find anything appealing about it at all.
1. @iraglass (national) Ira Glass – This American Life host on NPR.
2. @despeaux (local) Cliff DesPeaux – Popular local photojournalist.
3. @ElaineMThompson (local) Elaine Thompson – Local AP photographer. Awesome person.
4. @notmarcocollins (local) Marco Collins – Former KNDD DJ in the 90s, now working at KEXP.
5. @GregR1077 (local) GregR – DJ at KNDD.