And some more…
1. @ScottBourne (national) Scott Bourne – Great photography related tweets (publisher of photofocus.com).
2. @RoshSillars (national) Rosh Sillars – Lots of journalism tweets, co-author of “Linked Photography.”
3. @BillFrakes (national) Bill Frakes – Dude has shot more than 200 Sports Illustrated covers. Respect.
4. @jeremycowart (national) Jeremy Cowart – Celebrity photographer, founder of two websites including one where photographers give back to community.
5. @monophotography (global) Donald Cameron – Creative director of photography at SlashThree, an online community for photographers.
For my first full audio story, I used audio I collected while working on a story for The Daily. In the two and a half minute clip (below), you’ll hear both Frank Warren, the creator of PostSecret, and Katie McCorkell, a junior at the UW and president of the student group Active Minds.
The only disappointment I really had in making this was that I was unable to use any ambient sound. Luckily, I think the topic is extremely relevant (the event is tonight!) and PostSecret is an extremely popular website/event/book(s) — especially among college students.
My only real problem in putting this project together was uploading the .mp3 to SoundCloud. At first it would make a bunch of annoying noise that wasn’t in the original file. After a few minutes I realized I had forgotten to set the track to 44.1 kHz in Audacity. Once I fixed that, it was good to go! So without further ado…
File size: 2.37 MB / Time: 2:35 / Download